By Mark Avila
Published on December 8, 2014
Mark Avila graduated from UTSC in June 2014 with a major in Human Geography. He plans to pursue a career in urban development and planning. His hobbies include photography, especially city and landscape photography, which he is very passionate about. Mark enjoys working on his laptop in cafes, listening to music, editing photos, or catching up on a good Korean Drama.
Further reading and viewing suggestions
- Bates, Charlotte. 2008. “Street Photography and Social Research.” Street Signs Spring: 40–42.
- Bowen, Tracey. 2013. “Graffiti as Spatializing Practice and Performance.” Rhizomes: Cultural Studies in Emerging Knowledge 25.
- Moriyama, Daido. 2012. Daido Moriyama: In Pictures. (Film) London: Tate Modern.
- Toronto Street Photography Group. 2008. “Toronto Street Photography.” Flickr.
- Howarth, Sophie, and Stephen McLaren. 2012. Street Photography Now. London: Thames & Hudson.